This is our magnificent flagship course. A SIX hour course designed for the serious connoisseur or professional bartender and is an all inclusive class crammed into one day.
Take a sensory journey and learn how to taste:
- Learn different dimensions of balance
- How to express subtleties in cocktails
- Structure and enhancing flavors
- Work with 10 sub-categories of cocktails
Learn the latest trends and methodologies in bartending and cocktail creation.
- Stirring vs. shaking
- Techniques for special garnishes and other accents
- How to use different liqueurs
- Ratios, formulas, rules, and the logic behind them
Team up with classmates at your own unique Mini-Craft Bars!
- Play with dozens of exotic liqueurs
- Use your own set of fresh juices, homemade syrups, bitters, and tinctures
- Innovate and produce your own cocktail
- Go head to head with other teams
Introduction to Mixology
Take part in a highly interactive crash course in mixology and bartending basics, you get a chance to taste a chronological history of cocktails and learn how alcohol overlaps human endeavors. You’ll love making cocktails and each person will go home with unique new skills, expanded friendships, and more than a favorite new cocktail – you’ll never look at alcohol the same way again!
Let us guide you through an incredible journey:
- Take a small detour and find out about the beginnings of modern bartending.
- Learn about the major categories of cocktails and the major recipes in those categories.
- Use your senses to discover how individual ingredients affect the taste of a drink.
- You'll learn to move, shake & strain like a professional bartender!
- Step behind a real bar and use you're newly-acquired skills to make a great cocktail.
Our Spirits Evolution class focuses on the intriguing history of alcohol itself. 2 hours. 7 spirits. 25 tastings.
Travel through 2,000 years of alcohol history.
Trace the birth of distillation through the ages into Arabia, Europe, and the new world.
Understand how integral alcohol is to human history.
Hear the sordid and mysterious history of your favorite alcohol.
Become an alcohol connoisseur!
Taste Gin, Rum, Bourbon, Rye, Scotch, Tequila, and Cognac
What is mouthfeel and why does it matter to my cocktail?
Learn the myriad characteristics of your favorite spirit.
Get comfortable with more words to know: terroir, flavor, and structure.